Friday, September 08, 2006

One night in September


AFL finishes in three more weeks for the year.

I can't wait!

How is it possible for one 80 minute game to be spun out over three days of pre-game analysis, commentary, endless commercial breaks, post-game breakdown, recount of the kicks / hand passes / broken shoulders / "accidental" shoulder bumps, not to mention Monday morning discussions at the water cooler, Monday lunchtime discussions over a sandwich.....

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRK.

I want my favourite AFL fan back. With his attention 100% on me, not the TV, not whether a coach's strategically too inflexible, whether a player is putting in 110%, the million permutations of how the ladder might look at the end of the weekend.....

This is why I am posting on a Friday night, just counting down the minutes until we can have a conversation involving eye contact with me.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't comment yet, they're about to go through the stats !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats