Sunday, August 27, 2006

An Exciting Opportunity Awaits You....


Have you noticed how some job ads omit to mention the employer?

Why don't they just cut out to the chase and disclose who they are?

It's not dissimilar to when real estate agents leave out important details like the asking price for property. The pyschology of "oh well I have driven all the way over here so I may as well buy it even though it's double my budget" doesn't fly.

It makes me suspicious when companies shy away from disclosing who they are - is their reputation so bad it would put off people even phoning to enquire about the role? And hiding their identity would cause people to change their mind later?

Just be honest about who you are...people will work out at some point if you are a tobacco giant, are located in the middle of nowhere or pay below market rates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats